Question

Working on FME Workbench but not working on FME Server

• 7 November 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge

Hello everyone! First time using and writting something in community. I apologize if this is not appropriate place to put this question and also if I'm not going to write it based on some rules. Anyhow:

Long story short, I have FME workflow which is working how it should on Workbench. But when I publish it on FME server, for some reason it doesn't want to use all readers or writers are not working properly.

Readers:

• 3 excel
  • 1 csv
  • 1 mdb

Writers:

• 1 excel

Result from FME workbench:

Result from FME server:

As you can see, worksheets in results are different. I believe I did everything correct with setups in readers and writers (if needed, I can provide screenshots on how it looks like). Tried also to make new Readers/Writers. Tried to make different repository and put it there. Also weird warnings that appear after the workflow has been runned:

Again, I apologize if I missed the place to post this, or also if I didn't write this question correctly. Anyhow, looking forward on some possible potential help 😊

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Yep, thise are some pretty weird errors/warnings. Is your FME and FME Server versions the same? And is your FME Server windows or Linux?

Userlevel 3
Badge +26

I found this previous question: Excel Reader - Cell-Named-Range getting dropped in Excel FeatureReader (safe.com). However, the setting that resolved that user's issue is no longer in the reader in FME2022.1 and I'm not sure when it was deprecated. I'd be curious to hear what version you are using.

Badge

Thank you all for the answers.

Current version of FME Server (Linux I guess):

Current version of FME Workbench:

Yes @dustin​ , Unfortunately I also see. Hopefully something will come up :) because I'm out of options..

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Thank you all for the answers.

Current version of FME Server (Linux I guess):

Current version of FME Workbench:

Yes @dustin​ , Unfortunately I also see. Hopefully something will come up :) because I'm out of options..

Hmmm, well the MDB reader isn't supported on linux so this would be problem number one. What does the output look like on FME desktop if the mdb reader is disabled/deleted? is it the same as what you see in FME Server?

Badge

Hmmm, well the MDB reader isn't supported on linux so this would be problem number one. What does the output look like on FME desktop if the mdb reader is disabled/deleted? is it the same as what you see in FME Server?

Not sure if I understand, but I think I can't test it like that since mdb for me is crucial to use (file is always in that format).

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Yes, indeed - if it's crucial then you'll need fme server on Windows.