Solved

Looping after writing complex workspace

• 2 November 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

I need to run rather extensive workspace to update database tables from an XML file. The update files can generated every day and are avaible for two months to past. When processing the worskpace I download these update XML and write them them. So far no problem.

During the execution I need to check the continuity against a table in the database. So I would need to load up to 60 files read the header with date (1) and previous file information pass it to tester, process first file with all writes (2), write a row to database table with a header information about file processed (3) and take the next files to process from failed tester (4) and fetch them again to SQL executor.

I'm not sure about the loop part as it seems there canĀ“t be writers inside and I also miss attributes passed from feature reader. Not sure how to correctly arrange it.

An idea is to pass it later to FME server and run every day, so no or just one file would be processed. But the workspace needs to be able to process also up to two months of day files.

loop partworkspace

icon

Best answer by albinepro 8 November 2022, 17:40

View original

1 reply

Badge +1

Finally I could achieve the goal by using WorkspaceRunner transformer with Wait for Job to complete:Yes as written in this article. This goes through the downloaded file list one-by-one and writes all data to database and checks aginst written header procesing next file from the list, so the consecutive order and consistency is maintained.