Question

How to use the LDAP Reader with LDAPS within FME Desktop?

• 27 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi everyone,

I'm using FME Desktop 2022.1 and I would like to use the LDAP reader with an encrypted connection (LDAPS, Port 636). 

When testing the stored connection I get the following error:

javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

I know how to get the root and the ldap server certificate. But where do I have to store them within the FME Desktop installation?

Kind regards,

Peter

5 replies

Badge

@peter.frohberg​  Hi Peter, thanks for posting you question to the Community. I'll start by stating that I am not fully fluent on this topic, but I did come across a similar question to yours from 2019, linked here. The first answer, provided by nampreetatsafe, explains how FME makes use of the Windows Certificate Store. If you are using a Windows system, you could try dropping your certificates in the Windows Certificate Store. I hope that helps!

Thanks for Your response. Just importing the certificate and CA by "double clicking" did not work. Do the (ca) certificates to be installed in the "current user" the "local machine" store? Do they need to be placed within a specific substore?

Badge

@peter.frohberg​ My apologies, Peter. I had a look at a few of my internal resources, and I'm seeing that this workflow is not supported at this time. If you would like, I can create a support case for you, and link it to an internal ticket that is tracking this issue.

@natalieatsafe​ That would be nice, if You could create support case. 🙂

Badge

@peter.frohberg​ I've gone ahead and created the case and attached it to that internal ticket I mentioned. You should receive an email shortly with your case number.