Question

How to extend building sections to the minimum width or how to generalize complicated polygons? Unfortunately, Generalizer didn't give satisfactory results.

• 27 October 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi, 

I'm working with building polygons. And I'd like to generalize them based on the specific ordinance. Unfortunately, Generalizer didn't give satisfactory results, so I decided to use the possibility of ArcMap, so I applied the arcpy script in PythonCaller - with Simplify Building algorithm. Much of the dataset has been generalized quite correctly. But some of the polygons have fragments whose width is narrower than the minimum value specified in the regulation. I mean buildings with complex geometry (see pic. below).

imageimage2And my question is - do you know any idea, how to extend only these narrow fragments using FME or arcpy? The solution should be universal, because, I need to transform a lot of buildings.

I tried to use Generalizer or convert the polygon into lines, calculate length and extend this line, but without any satisfactory results.

I am working on FME Desktop 2021.2.5 and ArcMap 10.6 - without any chance to upgrade FME Desktop or ArcMap.

1 reply

Badge +11

Hi @borko_k​  You can give an example of the source data. Maybe there is another way, not Generalizer