Question

How do I add connected nodes and lines as an attribute to a node?

• 25 October 2022
  • 1 reply

I'm currently working on a high-voltage network, which relies on pressurized oil being forced into cables to insulate them, through a pressure gauge. The pressure gauge (node) is connected to an oil line (line), the other side of which is connected to a connector (node), which is then connected to a cable (line). I'm looking to add attributes of the connector and the cable to the pressure gauge, but can't seem to figure out how to get it to work.

Main issue with SpatialRelator seems to be that from 1 pressure gauge there are 3 oil lines, going to 3 connectors, going to 3 cables, over which a single connection runs in 3 phases, where the connection has no geometry.

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

It often helps to sketch out what it looks spatially, to break down the problem. Partially it sounds like you need to decide what attributes you need to join to the pressure gauge, what form it needs to have. If there are multiple connecting features, do you take the max, do you create a list etc?

Regardless, you'll need to work with lists to do this. Work from cable back to the pressure gauge. First, PointOnAreaOverlayer, create a list on the connector nodes of the attributes of all the joining cables. ListSummer/RangeExtractor/Concatenator can reduce that list to regular attributes. In a network, each line will only touch two nodes, and you can rely on that, so the join from connector to oil line will always be 1:1. Then a second PointOnAreaOverlayer from all the oil lines to the pressure gauge, create list of what you want to join across, decide what you need to keep.