Solved

Error Running DailyAverageQueuedTime.fmw

• 21 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +7

Hi, 

I am just exploring some of the standard dashboard features of FME Server 2021.2.3.0 (20220131 - Build 21812 - WIN64), I have got a couple working without any issues, and now I am unable to get the "DailyAverageQueuedTime.fmw" workspace to run, each time I get a warning: 

Path Reader: No files found in folder 'C:\ProgramData\Safe Software\FME Server\resources\dashboards\temp' using glob pattern '*.csv' with glob filter 'FILE'. No features will be read

I have attached the full log file, has anyone seen this before, or do you know how to resolve? I am not sure what I should be looking for.

Cheers

icon

Best answer by virtualcitymatt 21 October 2022, 11:13

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

I believe you need to check where the workspace which collects the statistics is writing the output.

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Hmm, good question - You say you have a couple working without issue? which ones are they?

I just took a look at the workspace and there miight be a bug in them.

The documentation says that you need to run the "JobHistoryStatisticsGathering.fmw" as a one off or to create a schedule using this to generate the statistics once a day.

I downloaded the workspace with FME Desktop 2021 and took a look at the workspace and the path where it's set up to write data is:

$(FME_SHAREDRESOURCE_DASHBOARD)/temp_lw

Whats weird though is that if I look in the FME Server UI at the output path in the JobHistoryStatisticsGathering.fmw I see this (it still says /temp). (Note I'm on FME 2020 not FME 2021)

The "DailyAverageQueuedTime.fmw" workspace is set up to look in:

$(FME_SHAREDRESOURCE_DASHBOARD)/temp

You should be able to check where your Job stats have been output by looking in

Files&Connections>Resources>Dashboards

If you see a temp_lw folder this is where the problem is. You will need to fix the JobHistoryStatisticsGathering.fmw workdpace by setting the output path back to $(FME_SHAREDRESOURCE_DASHBOARD)/temp and republishing.

This is a super weird bug...perhaps @hollyatsafe​ can see if this is reproducible

I should also point out that our FME Server has been backed up and restored a number of times, so it's likely/possible that the worksapces we have in dashboards are from a much older version of FME Server. I see that the CSV writer used is the Legacy CSV writer (not CSV2). Perhaps the '_lw' means "Legacy Writer"?

Badge +7

Hmm, good question - You say you have a couple working without issue? which ones are they?

I just took a look at the workspace and there miight be a bug in them.

The documentation says that you need to run the "JobHistoryStatisticsGathering.fmw" as a one off or to create a schedule using this to generate the statistics once a day.

I downloaded the workspace with FME Desktop 2021 and took a look at the workspace and the path where it's set up to write data is:

$(FME_SHAREDRESOURCE_DASHBOARD)/temp_lw

Whats weird though is that if I look in the FME Server UI at the output path in the JobHistoryStatisticsGathering.fmw I see this (it still says /temp). (Note I'm on FME 2020 not FME 2021)

The "DailyAverageQueuedTime.fmw" workspace is set up to look in:

$(FME_SHAREDRESOURCE_DASHBOARD)/temp

You should be able to check where your Job stats have been output by looking in 

Files&Connections>Resources>Dashboards

If you see a temp_lw folder this is where the problem is. You will need to fix the JobHistoryStatisticsGathering.fmw workdpace by setting the output path back to $(FME_SHAREDRESOURCE_DASHBOARD)/temp and republishing. 

This is a super weird bug...perhaps @hollyatsafe​ can see if this is reproducible 

I should also point out that our FME Server has been backed up and restored a number of times, so it's likely/possible that the worksapces we have in dashboards are from a much older version of FME Server. I see that the CSV writer used is the Legacy CSV writer (not CSV2). Perhaps the '_lw' means "Legacy Writer"?

thanks @virtualcitymatt​ , I appreciate the detailed response. 

This morning I have logged in to review your comments, and the first thing I have done is re-ran all of my Dashboard Workspaces to get some fresh log files, and the weird thing is they all ran fine. There was one exception, that was with FailuresByWorkspace, it is throwing this warning:

188	2022-10-22 11:37:56 | HTMLReportGenerator: Non-numeric input provided. Please validate that data attributes contain numeric input. Value will be discarded

It does appear to have extracted the data though, but the FROM and TO dates are missing. Is this the same when you view your dashboard?

missing dates 

here is a summary of the run I have just completed. All looks OK.

Completed Jobs" data-fileid="0694Q00000L6AmyQAF 

I can confirm that my JobHistoryStatisticsGathering.fmw is set to save to /temp_lw

_lw" data-fileid="0694Q00000L6An8QAFThen the FME Server viewer is showing just /temp. Not sure how that is occuring....

Badge +10

Hi @benvk​  and @virtualcitymatt​ ,

This certainly looks like an error with the workspaces, however, it appears to be workspaces from older versions as I can't reproduce this with a clean build of the same version. If you are doing the backup and restore process in the future it might be worth not overwriting existing items, but I'll submit a case to handle Dashboard, Utilities, and BackupAndRestore workspaces differently than custom workspaces on a restore. The "failures by workspace, From-To" issue looks like an issue that is present on the 2021 build on smaller sample sets. We upgraded the worksapces in 2022 though, and you shouldn't see this issue in the current build.