Solved

Create polygon from OSM

• 20 October 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge

Hello,

I try to create polygon from osm like cemeteries. For now, I'm stuck after the XML Fragmenter and Vertex Creator. I don't know how to build lines between points because there isn't an unique value.

I didn't find anything on the FME community so I post this question.

If someone could give me an orientation, if would be very nice !

Thank you !

icon

Best answer by virtualcitymatt 25 October 2022, 10:55

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

hmmmm, Have you tried using FME's built in OSM reader? This might be a nice option for you.

You can save your request from the overpass HTTPCaller to a file rather than an attribute and then a the FeatureReader configured with The OSM XML Format to parse the results for you directly into FME features.

Badge

Thank @virtualcitymatt​  , with your idea, I progress a litlle bit. But as you can see (Itried with cemeteries and park), only 31 polygon (only parks) were build. And I don't have name or others informations. For the cemeteries nothing happens and in the featureReader, all features go to Unknown category.

imageHere the featureReader parameter

imageSo right now it's not so positive ! ;)

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Thank @virtualcitymatt​  , with your idea, I progress a litlle bit. But as you can see (Itried with cemeteries and park), only 31 polygon (only parks) were build. And I don't have name or others informations. For the cemeteries nothing happens and in the featureReader, all features go to Unknown category.

imageHere the featureReader parameter

imageSo right now it's not so positive ! ;)

Can you share the test.xml file? It could just be there is some more hidden information

Badge

Can you share the test.xml file? It could just be there is some more hidden information

@virtualcitymatt​  what do you think about it?

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Hey, right yeah seems there is somethign a bit weird going on when using the detfault settings.

I found I got more results if I used the "Output Incomplete Ways and Relations" settings. A lot more retsults here

Badge

Yes it works with it! It's better, it think I can progress now.

Thank you @virtualcitymatt​  for your quick answer!