Question

Dynamic Feature Reader & Writer from GDB to SDE Errors

• 20 October 2022
  • 6 replies

I am trying to dynamically read all the gdb's in a folder then write all features out into an SDE with the same schema. Unfortnetly it is giving me errors when running it. I am reading both the schema and the features but the SDE writer does not like it.

Also, if I am sucsessful, I assume it will count the 10 schema features are actual features, but they arn't really features at all. Is there any way to remove these from the output while still keeping the schema?

6 replies

Badge +10

Hi @jase.edwards​  can you share details about how your writer is setup? connecting a summary annotation and a screenshot should be sufficient.

Hi @carmijo​,

Tahnks for reaching out. Please find see in attached writer screenshots. (and reader in next reply).

Let me know if you need any more info 😊

Hi @carmijo​,

Tahnks for reaching out. Please find see in attached writer screenshots. (and reader in next reply).

Let me know if you need any more info 😊

Reader...

Badge +10

Reader...

I reviewed your screenshots and can't find any issues with the way you have it setup. I can't promise there are none but i don't think i can help any further. good luck!

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

I'm not sure why you send 10 features from the Creator to initiate the FeatureReader? The FeatureReader is fired 10 times, reading all the data 10 times. Be aware that the schema features will not be multiplied, only the data features.

Userlevel 3
Badge +26

It appears you are trying to write features based on fme_feature_type_name, which is the default link between the features and the schemas. fme_feature_type_name is not an attribute on the features by default, but rather only present on the schema features. This is why in your log file the error states Feature Class Definition '', because it is not present on the features.

In your FeatureWriter, try setting the Feature Class or Table Name parameter to fme_feature_type. The writer should use fme_feature_type_name attribute on the schema features to automatically define the schema output.

Also, concerning the schema features being output: Schema features by default have fme_feature_type = schema. FME recognizes this and will not output those as a feature on the writers.