Question

System Caller process and release

• 19 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +9

I have a workbench that has around 7000 features and I want to run a system caller on each to produce an image (png) output, convert that image to a blob, store the blob in the database and delete the file.

At present the System Caller is processing all features before it moves on.

Is it possible to have the system caller run for an individual feature and continue on with the process?

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

maybe if you put it in a custom transformer with group by id?

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

maybe if you put it in a custom transformer with group by id?

Hej @deanhowell​ I could not reproduce the behavior you described (the systemcaller being a blocking transformer) in 2021.2. You can create a group by setting for a transformer , dropping it in a custom transformer and set parameters for Group By and Group By Mode, but I wonder if this solves your issue.

Badge +9

Hej @deanhowell​ I could not reproduce the behavior you described (the systemcaller being a blocking transformer) in 2021.2. You can create a group by setting for a transformer , dropping it in a custom transformer and set parameters for Group By and Group By Mode, but I wonder if this solves your issue.

Thanks @nielsgerrits​ unfortunately we are using 2019.2 but I did get a solution where I added a sorter and used the group by option as you suggested. I will post my solution shortly. Thanks for your assistance ​

Badge +9

In the end it just needed the sorter transformer before the system caller to process it one by one.

imageThanks @nielsgerrits​ for great help as always