Question

How can I post results for FME server web application ?

• 17 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +4

I have a FME server web app based on a workbench. The results are contained in a simple table and written to both an Excel file and Oracle/ArcSDE. Any suggestion on display results directly after the job is completed on the same web interface. At this point, my option is for user to download the zipped Excel file and view results: only two rows in the Excel file: header row and data row. Thanks.

5 replies

Badge +10

Hi @jhu_20​ ,

What you can do in this case is write your xls as a table in HTML. The HTMLReportGenereator, HTMLLayouter and HTML Writer will allow you to output the hmtl report easily. If you publish this to FME Server with the Datastreaming service it will automatically show you the table in the Web Interface after you click run.

Badge +4

@richardatsafe​ Very good suggestions and thanks for your help. I will try out.

Badge +4

@richardatsafe​  I just want to output my results on the same web page as shown in NUID picture. It will be great if you can help me further with the sample workbench just on this part. I checked your suggestion and it is still confusing to output my Excel table as I have not done this before. Thanks.

Badge +4

I found one example and was able to get HTML data streaming to work. I got the following message during the running process which can be confusing for my end user. How can I change or suppress this message ? Thanks.

Badge +10

I found one example and was able to get HTML data streaming to work. I got the following message during the running process which can be confusing for my end user. How can I change or suppress this message ? Thanks.

Hi @jhu_20​ ,

I'm glad you got it working. Unfortunately, there is no way to suppress this message if you want to post this enhancement idea in the community ideas others can upvote it and it can push development.