Question

Error with OBJECTID when trying to upload new data to an already existing shpfile in ArcOnline

• 17 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

I am trying to update a shp file in Arconline with new data. I am trying to replace the data which is the same and add new data that may have been added. I am using truncate and " update "in the ESRI AGOL writer to make sure this happens. But I run into this error when running this

"ArcGIS Online Feature Service Writer: Encountered a feature for feature type 'WatercourseLink_Clip_test' that is missing the ID attribute 'OBJECTID'. This attribute is required

ARCGISONLINEFEATURES writer: A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

Clipper_INSIDE_-1_17_Player (RecorderFactory): ARCGISONLINEFEATURES writer: A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details"

But as far as I can tell both the source data which is being uploaded to update the exisiting data and the exisiting data in AGOL both already have ObjectID's. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I think im missing something quite simple here

imageimage

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

Can you expand the Inside port of the clipper to show that the OBJECTID is present at that point?

Badge

Can you expand the Inside port of the clipper to show that the OBJECTID is present at that point?

Hi there

Here you are

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

Hi there

Here you are

So the data coming from the Clipper has no OBJECTID which is the issue. If the OBJECTID that you need to use is present in the data being sent to the clipper then you need to alter the clipper settings to Merge Attributes so the Clippee inherits that OBJECTID

Badge

Hi there

Here you are

Ahhh, I didnt know merge attributes worked like, thats great, thank you!