Question

Copy classiffication from one LAS file to another LAS file

• 13 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi,

I have two LAS files of same area. One is the classified data and another is unclassiffied data. I want to copy the classification from the classigied LiDAR data to Unclassified LiDAR data.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Krishna

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hello @krishnamohan​, thanks for posting to the FME Community! I think the most accurate way to do this, assuming the point clouds exist in the same geographic space, would be:

1. Read both your LAS files into FME
  2. Use a NeighborFinder to transfer classification

This transformer should find the nearest Candidate feature(s) to each Base feature and merges their attributes onto the Base feature. Let me know if you have any issues trying this! Best, Kailin.

Badge

I have the same problem,I tried your suggestion but I didn't find a way to match the geometry,also I didn't find a way to merge only classification attribute

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

I have the same problem,I tried your suggestion but I didn't find a way to match the geometry,also I didn't find a way to merge only classification attribute

Hello @irene2018​, thanks for posting. Sorry to hear you had issues with the initially proposed NeighborFinder method. If your files are identical and exist in the same geographic space, I think you can send them directly through a PointCloudMerger.

If the files are similar, but not identical you can use a PointCloudExpressionEvaluator to round the x,y,z point cloud components so they can be merged properly. For example, if a x coordinate in the two datasets for point_45 was 515.34 and 515.37, the PointCloudExpressionEvaluator can be used to round both values to 515.3, for components to be matched in the PointCloudMerger. Let me know if you have any questions, more than happy to help, Kailin.