Solved

Line Combiner | FME(R) 2021.1.1.0 (20210730 - Build 21619 - WIN64)

• 12 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

The line combiner when used in 2018 and 2021 behave differently for the same input data. In 2021, the output does not correlate to the explanation on the FME help.

For the following dataset, the output expected is as shown in the 2018 output screenshot however, for 2021, despite the configurations being set as per the result which is expected does not yield the same results. It appears that for some reason the duplicate lines(?) are not merged as expected.

In the example below, K1, K2 etc. are kring_id and the numbers are _overlap (As set in line combiner)

LineCombiner 

The help states that duplicate lines are accepted by the line combiner for 2018 and 2021.

Here are the transformer settings from 2018 and 2021 that are used in the workspace.

2018 - Break Across Attribute Values

If this parameter is set to Yes, two lines with the same values for the attributes selected above will not be combined if the node at which they meet is also connected to another line with different values for these attributes.

2018LC2021 – Junctions

If this parameter is set to Ignore Attribute Values, lines with any attribute values will contribute to a "Junction", through which lines will not be combined. For example, in this case, two lines with the same values for the attributes selected above will not be combined if the node at which they meet is also connected to another line with different values for these attributes.

2021LCIs this a known issue or am I missing some configuration? 

icon

Best answer by markatsafe 13 October 2022, 19:50

View original

3 replies

Badge +2

@sraapril​ Are you able to attach a sample of the data and your workspaces?

Badge +2

@sraapril​ Thanks for including the sample data and reporting this issue. I have reproduced your issue. The new LineCombiner does not work with duplicate lines. If you remove the Combine On Attributes then I think you'll get the result you're looking for.

In the meantime I'll investigate why this was changed.

Badge

@sraapril​ Thanks for including the sample data and reporting this issue. I have reproduced your issue. The new LineCombiner does not work with duplicate lines. If you remove the Combine On Attributes then I think you'll get the result you're looking for.

In the meantime I'll investigate why this was changed.

@Mark Stoakes​ : Thank you! I also suspected it was to do with the duplicate geometries. I tried other ways to merge the geometry but yours was simpler but with trade-offs...