Solved

In my FME workbench with PostGIS reader , snapper , PostGIS writer. Before reader reads the data from database I need to check whether that workarea is finished in the previous production activity in a standalone table. Kindly let me know how can I c

• 12 October 2022
  • 9 replies

Badge +1

Capture

icon

Best answer by redgeographics 12 October 2022, 14:15

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Can you elaborate?

• What's the other process that's active on that workarea?
  • How can you tell it's finished?
Badge +1

CaptureHi,

I need to check whether particular workarea (municipality) data is QC activity is performed as we are maintaining one table in database to record this. If the QC completed then only this snapping functionality need to process by the user. Hope I clear your doubts.

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

CaptureHi,

I need to check whether particular workarea (municipality) data is QC activity is performed as we are maintaining one table in database to record this. If the QC completed then only this snapping functionality need to process by the user. Hope I clear your doubts.

Not really. How do you know the QC is completed? Is there some sort of record written to a table, or something like that?

Badge +1

Hi,

Yes I have another standalone table to check whether QC is done for that municipality

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Hi,

Yes I have another standalone table to check whether QC is done for that municipality

Okay, so check that first, with a regular PostGIS reader and then if it is done you can use that feature to trigger a FeatureReader to read the actual data, snap it and then a PostGIS writer to write it all back.

Badge +1

Hi,

Thanks it is possible to explain me which transformer I have to use to trigger the next feature reader to perform snapping?

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Hi,

Thanks it is possible to explain me which transformer I have to use to trigger the next feature reader to perform snapping?

The output of the FeatureReader is what you need to snap.

In general terms this is what it would look like:

Screenshot 2022-10-12 at 14.12.51You can have a Where clause in the FeatureReader to select the workarea (assuming data for more than one workarea is stored in the same table).

Badge +1

Screenshot 2022-10-12 at 14.12.51You can have a Where clause in the FeatureReader to select the workarea (assuming data for more than one workarea is stored in the same table).

Thanks a lot this is what I need..

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

You're welcome!