Question

How do I lock the bounding box of the Graphics View?

• 12 October 2022
  • 3 replies

My project covers the whole state of NSW, and the workspace has many many transformers. What I want to know is how to lock the bounding box of the map in the Graphics View.

If I'm debugging one particular area of interest, the map jumps to some sort of saved view for each and every transformer. I spend the day zooming and panning the map to get back to my area of interest. I click another transformer to see what the data was doing at that point. then have to zoom and pan again to get back to my area of interest.

What I want to do is lock the Graphics View to my area of interest. I can see the hover for "2D" button is "Lock the current view in 2D", but it doesn't lock anything consistently.

Sometimes it even centres the map on another state where there is no data. Other times it drops me in the ocean and I have to zoom out until I see land, pan, and zoom in again.

Is it possible to keep the bounding box of the map in the Graphics View fixed?

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Interesting, because it does actually appear to work this way for me. The graphic view of my Visual Preview retains its zoom/location when switching between feature caches.

It does appear it depends on how you select the feature cache though. If you do that by clicking the green magnifying glass you generally get a different behaviour than when you click the transformer. I haven't been able to work out the logic behind it though...

Thanks @Hans van der Maarel​ . I definitely use the magnifying glasses the most to see which stream a particular object went through (or not). The logic is not apparent to me either.

Userlevel 1
Badge +15

@geographix​ This is a great suggestion, I would submit an Idea on the Ideas page to gain traction and hopefully have it implemented in a new version of FME 😊