Question

Hi All, I'm looking for the latest, or what you have found, the best workbench/template for generating (as much is possible) FGDC compliant metadata. I'll be using a template xml document. Any and all recommendations are welcome! Thanks, Jerry

• 12 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge
Hi All, I'm looking for the latest, or what you have found, the best workbench/template for generating (as much is possible) FGDC compliant metadata. I'll be using a template xml document. Any and all recommendations are welcome! Thanks, Jerry

5 replies

Badge +4

@mohnhaupt​ Hi Jerry, thanks for posting this question with the FME Community. I'm seeing quite a bit of information about the FGDC and their Content Standard for Digital Geospatial Metadata (CSDGM), as well as reference to the FGDC and endorsement of ISO 19115. Which metadata standard are you looking to make use of in your workflow?

If you are looking to use ISO 19115, we have a great article on the FME Community which walks through generating ISO 19115 metadata. The article includes a demo workspace that you could tailor to your specific needs.

Badge

@natalieatsafe​ We are looking to use the ISO 19115/FGDC metadata standard for our workflows, thanks for the attention!

Badge

Hi @natalieatsafe​ would you have a  ISO 19115 oriented workspace you can share with me? Anything I can start with without having to start from scratch. Thanks, Jerry

Badge +4

@mohnhaupt​ Hi Jerry, this article here walks through a workspace (included in the article, at top right) which harvests ISO 19115-like metadata. A couple other included workspaces give examples of validating metadata. The workspaces included in the article were created in FME 2012; I've upgraded them for FME 2022.1 (build 22618), see the .zip attached to this post for the upgraded workspaces. The walk-through in the article will still work with the upgraded workspaces.

This article + upgraded resources should provide a starting point for the metadata you're looking to harvest. If you have any more questions on the topic, please reach out again and we can look into it further!

Badge

Thanks Natalie, you rock!