Question

LogCount_func changed process locale and terminates workspace

• 7 October 2022
  • 9 replies

Badge

Hi, just wondering if anyone can interpret this log message for me and tell me how to change the workspace encoding under Windows, if that will help. Thx!

(am including all the software version details for reference)

Starting translation...

Current FME version: FME 2022.1.1.0 (20220728 - Build 22623 - WIN64)

FME_HOME is 'C:\\Program Files\\FME\\'

FME Desktop Smallworld Edition (floating)

Permanent License.

Machine host name is: FBC-19-0068l

OS Locale Name   : en_US

OS Locale Encoding : windows-1252

Process Encoding  : UTF-8

FME API version: '4.0 20220615'

FME Configuration: FME_BASE is 'no'

FME Configuration: FME_MF_DIR is 'I:\\GISSBX\\ELECTRIC\\FBC_010_CA_Dashboard\\MXD/'

FME Configuration: FME_MF_NAME is 'Condition Assessment Dx.fmw'

FME Configuration: FME_PRODUCT_NAME is 'FME(R) 2022.1.1.0'

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit (Build 19044)

The workspace was authored with a system encoding of 'windows-1252'. This will be the encoding used for names in this translation. Re-creating the workspace with a utf-8 system will enable FME to use utf-8 names

The loaded plugin's FMEPluginCapabilities 'LogCount_func' has changed the process locale to 'English_United States.1252' which is incompatible with FME 'English_United States.utf8' locale. Please see 'pluginbuilder/cpp/fmeplugincapabilities.h' documentation or contact Safe Software support at https://www.safe.com/support

9 replies

Badge

Seems this article may explain the issue: UTF-8 Names FAQ | Encoding in FME (safe.com)

Badge +10

Hi @paulot​ .

Sorry to hear you've encountered this issue.

The error you mention has popped up a few times recently under very certain scenarios but we've been unable to reproduce the issue.

Can you confirm a couple of things:

• What formats are you connecting to in this workspace? Are you trying to read or write from an SDE Geodatabase (aka using the GEODATABASE_SDE) format?
  • If you are utilizing the GEODATABASE_SDE format, what is the type of underlying database? And what is the version of the SDE geodatabase?
  • What Esri application do you have installed on your machine, please include the version as well.

Thank you,

Andrea

Badge

Hi Andrea,

I am reading from a GEODATABASE_SDE and writing to a GEODATABASE_FILE.

I'm connecting to a 10.6.1 SDE database sitting on Oracle Database 19c Enterprise Edition Release 19.0.0.0.0 - Production Version 19.11.0.0.0.

The database uses:

NLS_NCHAR_CHARACTERSET,AL16UTF16

NLS_CHARACTERSET,AL32UTF8

My desktop has

ArcGIS Versionsso ArcFM and pretty much all the ESRI patches for 10.6.1.

I have worked around the issue using the UTF-8 Names FAQ above by enabling the beta UTF-8 feature in Windows. Let me know if I can help you debug further as I have other desktops with the original configuration.

thanks,

Paulo

Badge

Hi @paulot​ .

Sorry to hear you've encountered this issue.

The error you mention has popped up a few times recently under very certain scenarios but we've been unable to reproduce the issue.

Can you confirm a couple of things:

• What formats are you connecting to in this workspace? Are you trying to read or write from an SDE Geodatabase (aka using the GEODATABASE_SDE) format?
  • If you are utilizing the GEODATABASE_SDE format, what is the type of underlying database? And what is the version of the SDE geodatabase?
  • What Esri application do you have installed on your machine, please include the version as well.

Thank you,

Andrea

Hi Andrea, please see reply below.

Badge +10

Hi @paulot​ ,

Thanks for confirming.

This seems to be in line with other reports I'm seeing - all using ArcGIS 10.6.1 on client end and SDE geodatabase and Oracle 19C as the underlying database.

If you are able to test out the most recent beta, that would be great! Our developers have recently added something in that might resolve the issue. Would you mind undo-ing the beta UTF-8 windows feature, and then installing the latest FME 2022.2 beta found here: safe.com/beta

You can install the latest FME Desktop beta into a different folder so you can keep the official version as is on your machine.

Please let me know how this goes!

Andrea

Badge

Hi @paulot​ ,

Thanks for confirming.

This seems to be in line with other reports I'm seeing - all using ArcGIS 10.6.1 on client end and SDE geodatabase and Oracle 19C as the underlying database.

If you are able to test out the most recent beta, that would be great! Our developers have recently added something in that might resolve the issue. Would you mind undo-ing the beta UTF-8 windows feature, and then installing the latest FME 2022.2 beta found here: safe.com/beta

You can install the latest FME Desktop beta into a different folder so you can keep the official version as is on your machine.

Please let me know how this goes!

Andrea

Hi Andrea,

Can confirm that this issue is resolved in 2022.2 beta build 22749. Thank you, paulo.

Hi @andreaatsafe​ 

We are also getting the same issue as above:

Machine host name is: IT18550

OS Locale Name   : en_AU

OS Locale Encoding : windows-1252

Process Encoding  : UTF-8

FME API version: '4.0 20220615'

FME Configuration: FME_PRODUCT_NAME is 'FME(R) 2022.1.3.0'

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit (Build 19044)

Loaded module 'LogCount_func' from file 'C:\\Program Files\\FME2022.1\\plugins/LogCount_func.dll'

Closing the Esri Geodatabase reader

The loaded plugin's FMEPluginCapabilities 'LogCount_func' has changed the process locale to 'English_United States.1252' 

which is incompatible with FME 'English_Australia.utf8' locale. 

Please see 'pluginbuilder/cpp/fmeplugincapabilities.h' documentation or contact Safe Software support at https://www.safe.com/support

It happens on all PC's - that we have upgraded to 2022.1.3 and Pro 2.9.6

We are using ArcGIS Pro 2.9, SQL Server 2017 Geodatabase

Most PC also has Desktop 10.8.1 or 10.8.2 - but not using it anymore, for 64-bit SDE connection - 64-bit GP not installed

Regards

Rudy

Badge

Hey Rudy_v, as noted in the thread, I noticed the problem was resolved at FME version 2022.2 and presumably onward. The alternative I found was to enable Unicode UTF-8 language support in Windows, although that is still showing as a beta feature for me (Win10). I get there by going into 'Language' settings, then 'Administrative language settings', then 'Change system locale...' on the 'Administrative' tab of the 'Region' dialog box. The 'Region Settings' dialog box that then pops up, has a check box for UTF-8. I've found one or two quirks with Outlook doing that though so I think the better option is to upgrade. paulo.

Hey Rudy_v, as noted in the thread, I noticed the problem was resolved at FME version 2022.2 and presumably onward. The alternative I found was to enable Unicode UTF-8 language support in Windows, although that is still showing as a beta feature for me (Win10). I get there by going into 'Language' settings, then 'Administrative language settings', then 'Change system locale...' on the 'Administrative' tab of the 'Region' dialog box. The 'Region Settings' dialog box that then pops up, has a check box for UTF-8. I've found one or two quirks with Outlook doing that though so I think the better option is to upgrade. paulo.

ok, thanks. I will keep it in my mind.

ok, thanks. I will keep it in my mind, want to write an essay on dogs? visit this https://writinguniverse.com/free-essay-examples/dog/ a website where you can find essays on anything from basic subjects to complex ones; if you're having trouble writing your essay, hire a pro.