Question

Web UI DateTime Picker not functioning (FME 2022.1)

• 6 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I'm encountering an annoying issue where the DateTime picker stops working in the FME Server Web UI after the initial run of a workspace.

It works the first time for any workspace, but when trying to run the same workspace again, the date time picker will not work in the UI and the date fields will be empty.

Any date entered manually gets converted to the text "invalid date" in the subsequent request.

The following errors appear in the console:

imageRunning FME Server 2022.1.2 Build 22627 - win64.

Clearing the browser cache allows a single run of the workspace again before the issue reoccurs.

Is this happening for anyone else?

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi @Andy E​ ,

I was unable to reproduce the behaviour that you're experiencing. What DateTime value are you manually inputting? Are you able to share a screen recording and/or sample workspace for me to take a look at? If you restart FME Server, does any thing change?

Thanks,

Kezia

Badge +1

Hi @Andy E​ ,

I was unable to reproduce the behaviour that you're experiencing. What DateTime value are you manually inputting? Are you able to share a screen recording and/or sample workspace for me to take a look at? If you restart FME Server, does any thing change?

Thanks,

Kezia

Its happened again, this time restarting the servers hasn't resolved it.

Two issues:

1. When the date time picker appears, changing the date only changes the month and day, not the year;
  2. When the picker doesn't appear, clicking on the button doesn't work, just raises messages in the console;
  3. typing in a date results in "Invalid Date" being passed when clicking run.

Video attached

Badge +5

Hello @Andy E​ ,

Would you be able to provide the workspace with sample data [you can save the workspace as a template], since we are unable to reproduce this issue?

Badge +1

Hello @Andy E​ ,

Would you be able to provide the workspace with sample data [you can save the workspace as a template], since we are unable to reproduce this issue?

Hi @Merline George​ ,

Apologies took some time to get a sample workspace together, attached here. This workspace has 2 date time parameters with default dates in the past.

Using the run workspace page on FME Server the first time will present the correct dates in the fields, although the date time picker is set to 2017 regardless of the default dates. Actually running the workspace will result in "Invalid date" being passed as the actual date parameter.

Trying to run the same workspace again through the web UI results in no values in the fields and the date picker will not work at all.

Workspace created and published with MacOS FME 2022.1.2 (build 22627), and works correctly when launched through the REST API, so I'm pretty sure its a web app issue (FME Server is running on windows, same build as desktop, 22627)

Thanks