Question

Upgrade issue from 2020.2 to 2022.1 server

• 6 October 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge +5

We have a pair of tasks running on FME Server, the first one selects a range of records to process and builds the predicate to access them, the second one uses this predicate to read and process. The first bit looks like this... MicrosoftTeams-image (4)(the min and max passed parameters are my fix) so we pass _where_clause to the called job. This has worked fine for 2 years with fme 2020.2. I've now updated to desktop and server 2022.1 and when that parameter is accessed in the called job I see....MicrosoftTeams-image (5)so the parameter is not resolved. However if i take the min and max values from the calling model and pass them through i see...

MicrosoftTeams-image (6)(to get the logger values I used an attribute manager to turn the user parameters into attributes )

Any idea what’s changed here?

7 replies

Badge +5

Hello rob_m_esriuk,

Could you please confirm if you see this result only on FME Server 2022.1 or on FME desktop 2022.1 as well ? Would you also be able to provide the workspace and the job logs on Server and Desktop ?

Badge +5

Hello rob_m_esriuk,

Could you please confirm if you see this result only on FME Server 2022.1 or on FME desktop 2022.1 as well ? Would you also be able to provide the workspace and the job logs on Server and Desktop ?

Public Unfortunately I cannot test this in desktop since I need the fmeserverjobsubmitter to make it all work Rob
Badge +10
Public Unfortunately I cannot test this in desktop since I need the fmeserverjobsubmitter to make it all work Rob

Hi @Rob McPherson​ ,

If you want to make a case we would be happy to explore it. If you add another FME Server Job Submitter and replace the original one does it make a difference? There should be nothing changed in the FME Server Job Submitter between 2020 and 2022 to cause this difference so if replacing the FME Server Job Submitter doesn't help I would be inclined to look at the entire workflow to see where it might be going wrong.

Badge +5

Hi @richardatsafe​ 

I am doing the upgrade for a 3rd party and having got it working using the individual numeric parameters I don't really have scope to test this further.

While you say there is no change to the Job Submitter it is the one transformer that auto updated and didn't show what was changing - which rather suggests something has changed.

Thanks

Rob

Badge +10

Hi @Rob McPherson​ ,

I apologize this appears to be a bug that we are in the process of fixing. We are putting in new measures to make sure we capture issues like this from being released in the future. The workarounds are to either publish from an older version of FME Desktop to maintain the older FMEServerJobSubmitter or use an HTTPCaller and submit a job through the FME Server Rest API. https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_REST/apidoc/v3/index.html#!/transformations/transact_post_32

Badge +5

That's great to hear, any idea when this will make a release, we are a while off upgrading production for this customer and it could be that we could/should incorporate a later fme version.

thanks

Rob

Badge +10

Hi @Rob McPherson​ ,

It's currently scheduled for the 2022.2.1 release, but I'll post here once it's released.