Question

URGENT corrupt output using Excel template files

• 6 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi, fellow FME:ers, this is an urgent matter!

We just upgraded FME Desktop and FME Server to 2022.1.2.

We have 100+ solutions in our consultancy firm building on the use of excel template files - *.xlsx and *.xlsm.

After the upgrade the output becomes corrupt.

Is this a know issue? Is there anything we can try to avoid corrupt files? Or do we need to go back to previous FME versions…

I attach two example template files we’re using.

Any help will be appreciated!

Peter

4 replies

Badge

Hi, When you edit the FME version, there may be problems with the fme transformers (It happened to me). If you have a back-up of your workspace, you can check if it still unchanged with the "Workspace compare and merge". If there are scripts (such as python, etc.) on the workspace check versions.check versions.

Badge

Hi, When you edit the FME version, there may be problems with the fme transformers (It happened to me). If you have a back-up of your workspace, you can check if it still unchanged with the "Workspace compare and merge". If there are scripts (such as python, etc.) on the workspace check versions.check versions.

@marcyeranos​ Thanks for the tip!

Hi @peteralstorp​ ,

I have an .xlsm Template and Write Data from a SDE into it. The Output File (XLSM ZIP and set via mail) contains only data + Pivot Table for Points Data and not for polylines.

Did you have any issues regarding multiple Spreadsheets & enabled Makros?

imageThanks

Badge

We finally decided to rollback the entire Desktop and Server upgrade since we had so many solutions that stopped working. So I'm sorry I can't help you with your question. We just noticed the files went baonkaz and tried to work around it but found no other solution in the end. Good luck with you issue. P