Question

Reconciling SDE Database in workspace using FeatureWriter

• 6 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hey guys,

https://community.safe.com/s/question/0D54Q000080hBYOSA2/reconcile-and-post-issue

Just following this here to reconcile our versioned ArcSDE in a workspace. I have the basic flow set up: Creator --> AttributeCreator --> Writer and i've set the parameters based on the thread above. My question on the writer is what geometry type and row selection information I need to fill in to get it to trigger? I didn't see this addressed in the two threads on this I found searching.

imageThanks

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

GeometryType should match whatever your target layer is.

You want to not write out data with this operation, so your Match Columns should be the OBJECTID you created, which should have a value of -1, and thus never affect any features in the target table.

https://community.safe.com/s/question/0D54Q000080hFfNSAU/post-reconcile-operation-how-to-proceed

Badge

Ahh I think this makes more sense now. When I was adding the writer initially it wouldn't accept the OBJECTID in the match. I had to add it as an Insert first, connect the transformer, then go back and change to Update and add the match row entry. Thanks

Badge

@ctredinnick​ I actually spoke too soon. It looks like it reconciles/posts fine but it can't delete saying the version is in use.

Error deleting the version 'GISOWNER.travis_cityfsj'. The error number from ArcObjects is: '-2147217140'. The error message from ArcObjects is: {The version is currently in use. [GISOWNER.travis_cityfsj]}

I did a quick reconcile in ArcGIS Pro and it had no problem deleting the version. Also shows my version isn't locked in Arc Catalog. Am I missing a setting?

The last thing it says before erroring is 'All edits made during the edit session were saved'. Im not sure if that means the edit session was killed or not?

Im also using transaction type of : versioned edit session and im using the same user/pass used in arcgis pro to process the workspace.

EDIT: If anyone is here from google I was told this is an known issue and there is no ETA for a fix.