Solved

Extract a raster subset from a polygon

• 4 October 2022
  • 7 replies

Hello,

I want to extract roof textures from an imagery raster.

In input I have a raster and a polygon.

In output I would like to have the image I could use to texture the polygon.

Is there any transformer for that?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by david_r 4 October 2022, 10:39

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 4

Did you try using the Clipper?

Thank you very much David, that is the transformer I was looking for!

Actually I'm not sure if I am using it correctly. I have 1.507 geometries in input of my Clipper node. I would like to output 1.507 clipped rasters. I don't understand why there is only 872 outputs, I think I'm missing something important here.

Screenshot

Userlevel 4

Actually I'm not sure if I am using it correctly. I have 1.507 geometries in input of my Clipper node. I would like to output 1.507 clipped rasters. I don't understand why there is only 872 outputs, I think I'm missing something important here.

Screenshot

First thing to do is to check that the Clipper and Clippee overlaps properly. You can send both to an Inspector and check visually. If they don't, it could be a projection / coordinate system issue.

First thing to do is to check that the Clipper and Clippee overlaps properly. You can send both to an Inspector and check visually. If they don't, it could be a projection / coordinate system issue.

Thank you again, it helped!

Sorry to bother again; is there anything I need to take care of before being able to apply the clipped raster as a texture with `AppearanceSetter`? I struggle a little bit with only `EXTRA_APPEARANCE_FEATURE` rejections. I guess this is a texture coordinates issue, but that's only a guess as I cannot find any documentation about that rejection code.

Userlevel 4

Sorry to bother again; is there anything I need to take care of before being able to apply the clipped raster as a texture with `AppearanceSetter`? I struggle a little bit with only `EXTRA_APPEARANCE_FEATURE` rejections. I guess this is a texture coordinates issue, but that's only a guess as I cannot find any documentation about that rejection code.

I've not much experience with appearances, so perhaps someone else can chime in. If you don't get any replies, consider posting it as a separate question.