Solved

How to import/run multiple tests using values in a spreadsheet?

• 3 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi everyone,

I have a workspace where I am trying to test some element attributes to see if they match certain conditions/values. So kind of like:

Asset type: various (varies per element)

I have around 80 of these attributes to test. The tests parameters are contained in an Excel file, i.e. I have a file that has the following columns:

• Attribute Name
  • Attribute value (either has a value that I want to check against if Fixed)
  • Attribute type (contains term 'fixed' or 'varies')

Other than writing each individual rule into the Tester, is there a more efficient way to do this, particularly as the parameter spreadsheet may update and I want to avoid re-writting all the tests?

Thanks in advance for your help! Amit

icon

Best answer by markatsafe 3 October 2022, 23:45

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

You could try a FeatureMerger or FeatureJoiner, have it match on all those attributes. If it doesn't match, it means that feature failed all tests.

Badge +2

@bush_walker​ You can sometimes use DatabaseJoiner or FeatureJoiner to do a lookup on the speadsheet. If the match fails then you know the 'element' didn't math on in your list. InlineQuerier also allows a wider range of join expressions. If you can attach a sample of the data and lookup someone could probably create a minimum working example for you

Thanks for your help @Hans van der Maarel​ and @Mark Stoakes​  - I used the FeatureMerger to achieve what I needed. See screenshot below, I'm testing custom IFC fields (converted from traits attributes) against a test in the Attribute Manager.