Question

Gas network analysis - network trace with stop object

• 28 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +7

According to the current political situation here in Europe, we want to work out a plan B if gas supply will end, and for that case, how to get our gas network back working.

For that task, we would like to analyse our gas network (trace?) in dividing the network in zones/branches. The idea behind that is to use major valves as "stop-object" for the network trace, because you need to get back the gas network in little branches. (vent these parts, before going back on pressure)

Our Gas network is topologically correct, and I would use the specific stop-objects (disconnect slides/valves) to divide theses network parts/areas.

Is there any way I could use FME transformers to get these resulting network-parts? thx in advance, Christian

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

The way I've done something similar in the past is to presuming the locatoins of slides/valves are points is to buffer slightly, clip the network and then use a network topology calculator which will assign a common network id to the subsequent network parts

Badge +7

The way I've done something similar in the past is to presuming the locatoins of slides/valves are points is to buffer slightly, clip the network and then use a network topology calculator which will assign a common network id to the subsequent network parts

sounds like a plan, thanks... will try it that way 👍