Question

Licenses get stuck in the same computer

• 26 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Hello,

I have two floating licenses on the server, i habe been using in diferent computers but with two in specific it always get the license stuck on the server. I connecetd to both computers and there is no service or application of FME running but when i retrieve the status of the licenses in the server it always appears both of them.

I know i can fix by stopping and restarting the service, i would like to know if there is another solution so idont have to go each day to the server and free the licenses.

Best Regards.

2 replies

Badge +10

@asier​ 

There are some things I'd review:

• ensure there are no FME-related processes running under any user for the machines that are reporting to have the license. These could be FME Workbench, FME Data Inspector, fmeobjectsworker.exe, fme.exe
  • Review if the licenses have been borrowed on the machine
    • On the floating license server, what are the results of running lmutil lmstat -a -c <license file> (aka using the command from the documentation on monitoring the floating license)
    • On the client machines that are reporting having an FME license, review the resolution in this article and remove any possible borrow registry keys

Hope this information helps!

Andrea

Sorry for the late response i have been out for a while.

I would try what you suggest and i will keep you inform if it works or not.

Thank you.