Question

StringReplacer - different behavior after update from FME Server 2021 to 2022

• 23 September 2022
  • 8 replies

Hi,

Ich use a String Replacer that cleans all values from "??".

Mode: Replace Text

Case Sensitive No

Text to replace ??

Replacement Text

(Replacement Text is empty as just I want to delete all ??)

This Workt fine in FME Server 2021

on FME Server 2022 I get an Error:

"StringReplacer_4 (StringReplacerFactory): Internal error: Failed to build ICU replace pattern. String was '"Große Mohreng. 9, 1020 ??, Österreich"', replacement pattern was '??' "

8 replies

ist is not the '??' string but the 'Ö' character, that causes the error.

Badge +1

Hello @herfried​, could you share the log files/error message from FME Desktop? I would also suggest running the workspace on FME Desktop to see if the issue is to do with Desktop or Server.

Hello Jenna,

Seems to be an issue with 2022 Desktop and Server.

StringReplacer 

Userlevel 1
Badge +14

Hello Jenna,

Seems to be an issue with 2022 Desktop and Server.

StringReplacer 

Hi @herfried​ unfortunately, I am unable to reproduce your issue with the StringReplacer. Could you share your workspace?

Alternatively, if you want to simply make the values empty strings I may suggest the AttributeManager to set and replace the values of those attributes to empty strings.

Hope this helps,

Evie

Workspace attached.

Workaround:

Input: 'Große ?? Gasse'

If I replace the 'ß' with 'SOME_STRING' than the replacement of '??' works fine.

I experience the same issue (build 22623). It is the "ß" character that causes the issue for me. As a workaround, I changed mode for the StringReplacer to "Replace Regular Expression".

Badge +2

@bergstrand​ to workaround this issue you can either use regex using text to replace: \\?\\? or switch to Case Sensitive = No

Badge

FME Desktop 2022.2.4 - Seems like replacing ( ) { } ? * with nothing on a big string like webpage body is also having issues. Small strings like page title work fine.

I don't believe 2022.0 had this issue.