Solved

FME Desktop (2022.1.0.0 (20220704 - Build 22618 - WIN64) hangs after changing anything in AttributeManager

• 22 September 2022
  • 5 replies
  • 1 view

Badge

My workspace isn't complex yet if I make a small change inside and AttributeManager, FME Desktop hangs for a good minute. The CPU does spike while it hangs.

Has anyone else run into this issue before? This is a clean install on a beast of a machine so I shouldn't think its resource related.

icon

Best answer by danminneyatsaf 12 October 2022, 00:02

View original

5 replies

Badge

UPDATE

This seems to have something to do with re-ordering attributes.

I have around 30 attributes which I've reordered in the AttributeManager so that the columns of the output are in order.

Once I do this, working with the AttributeManager is very slow.

Badge +2

@mathew.cooper​ can you attach your workspace or send it to me (mark at safe dot com). I think this issue has been fixed but I'd like to test that first before suggesting an upgrade for you.

Badge

Hi @Mark Stoakes​, thanks for the reply. I've just finished a remote session with Kailin (awesome experience btw). I sent the fwmt through and a case has been created (C682579). I'll upload a fresh template with feature caching and also a video of what I'm experiencing.

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

For anyone else running into this issue - this occurs when opening, editing, and closing the AttributeManager while also having the Parameter Editor Window open. This typically occurs for workspace that contains a large amount of attributes. The workspaces we were able to reproduce the issue in contained ~250 attributes.

The workaround is to simply close the Parameter Editor Window if you have it open. This will resolve the workbench from freezing. I have submitted a ticket (FMEDESKTOP-13258) to get this issue resolved and we will notify users here once a fix is released.

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Hi all, the issue has been resolved as of FME 2022.2 (b22743) and is now available in the FME 2022.2 beta which you can download here: https://www.safe.com/support/downloads/#beta

The fix will also be in the official release of FME 2022.2 coming soon!