Question

Python version problem with the ArcGIS Online Writer

• 21 September 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi,

There is a workspace scheduled to run every hour on FME Server 2020 that is successfull all the time except some failures times to times.

When it fails. the error is with the ArcGIS Online feature writer. From the logs, FME Server is then loading the Python 2.7 version of the writer instead of the Python 3.7 version like the other times.

Here a success log:

imageHere a failed log:

The task fails with Python 2.7 simply because strings are not encoded in utf-8 so thats very annoying.

The question is why FME Server sometimes switch to Python 2.7 instead of Python 3.7 when loading the ArcGIS Online Feature writer. How can I prevent that?

Thanks

1 reply

Badge +10

This may be what you're looking for - The Python interpreter specified by this procedure does not guarantee the FME Engines will use the interpreter for all workspaces. Instead, the FME Engines use the specified interpreter for all workspaces that have a Python Compatibility value that is compatible with the specified interpreter. If the Python Compatibility of a workspace is not compatible with the specified interpreter, the FME engines use one of their own Python interpreters that is compatible.

http://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Server_Documentation/AdminGuide/Using-Python-with-FME_Server.htm

If i've provided an answer that you're happy with, please mark it as 'Best Answer'. If I didn't, please let me know if I can help further. Thanks and take care!