Question

Mass backup AGOL to FGDB

• 19 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hey everyone, fairly new to FME here. I was wanting to see if there was a way to mass pull down all published layers from AGOL online into a workspace. I am wanting to automate our AGOL backups, but since we have over a hundred published layers, I was wanting to see if there was a far more efficient way of doing so than individually adding over a hundred readers.

3 replies

Badge +7

Yes there are possibilities but it takes a lot of HTTPCallers and a lot of ArcGIS REST knowledge. Also instead of readers you need to use the FeatureReader transformer.

You use the HTTP callers to get a token (alternative is to make a web connection which might be easier for you). The next HTTP caller is used to get all your folders on arcgis online. The HTTP caller after that is to get all item information in a folder. From this you will most likely get the Service URL behind the layer which you can then use as an input for the FeatureReader.

It is kind of a lot of work if you are a novice.

Badge

I would suggest to contact your ESRI support. Assuming you are using a portal (cloud, or on premises), you already have a good backup solution.

Badge +9

Hi @shibboletharris​ ,

You could try to do something like this:

Use the ArcGIS Online connector to get everything in ArcGIS Online and list all your files and folders.

Then, filter just the Feature Services using a Tester.

2022-10-06_16-54-11 

Then, use a FeatureReader to get all the services. Then, a File Geodatabase writer to write everything out. You'd want to write it out dynamically (which means the schema is from an outside source).

2022-10-06_16-56-52I've attached a workspace as a starting point. You may have to do a fanout as well. See this for more details.