Question

Can not write WFS Service into local esri gdb

• 19 September 2022
  • 8 replies

Badge

Im trying a simpel setup. One reader one Writer.

The reader reads a WFS service, and the Writer writes down in a local esri file gdb.

Im trying to access this url: 

https://services.drift.kortinfo.net/kortinfo/services/Wfs.ashx?Site=Aalborg&Page=Aalborg_Forsyning&Service=WFS

It shows up nicely in the inspector, and if you run the reader alone, it loads everything. But as soon as I add the writer I get geometry errors.

What is wrong?

Regards

David

8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hello @David Clement​, thanks for sharing your WFS service URL ahead of time. I was able to read a collection of features from this service and successfully write them to FGDB.

imageIf you're able to provide some information on the following topics, I will happily take a closer look:

1. What version/build of FME Workbench are you currently using?
  2. What WFS collection are you specifically trying to translate?
  3. Are you writing to a new FGDB?
  4. You mentioned you're seeing geometry errors, would you be able to share a full logfile?

Thank you in advance! Happy to help, Kailin Opaleychuk.

Badge

Hi KalinaT

Fantastic. Works like a Charm. Thanks

One Question still.

Right now I get the TLxxxxxxxxx name. But when you look at Constrains and feature type you can see that there is a real name behind the number

"TL1243108 {Drikkevandsinteresser}". How do I get the {Drikkevandsinteresser} out as my name in the file gdb?

I presume I have to write something in WFS output format, or XML Filter, or do I set an extra filter?

Regards

David

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hi KalinaT

Fantastic. Works like a Charm. Thanks

One Question still.

Right now I get the TLxxxxxxxxx name. But when you look at Constrains and feature type you can see that there is a real name behind the number

"TL1243108 {Drikkevandsinteresser}". How do I get the {Drikkevandsinteresser} out as my name in the file gdb?

I presume I have to write something in WFS output format, or XML Filter, or do I set an extra filter?

Regards

David

Hello @David Clement​, I don't think either of those parameters will do this, unfortunately. May you share the version of FME Workbench please? In FME 2022, I only see the FeatureType name, the title is not included. I haven't been able to retrieve the title in an attribute, nor at all.

Best, Kailin.

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hello @David Clement​, I don't think either of those parameters will do this, unfortunately. May you share the version of FME Workbench please? In FME 2022, I only see the FeatureType name, the title is not included. I haven't been able to retrieve the title in an attribute, nor at all.

Best, Kailin.

Hello @David Clement​, it would seem like Title isn't retrieveable at all right now. I have filed a ticket with our development team to have this addressed (FMEENGINE-74728). I'll update this thread as I can, I hope this doesn't cause too much inconvience in the meantime. Best, Kailin.

Badge

Hello Kailinatsafe

Thanks for your reply.

I use FME ver 2018. 1 Here I can see the title in the "Select features types" window, but not do anything more.

Im very glad that you have reported it.

One extra thing though.. the service runs WFS version 1.0......

Cheers David

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hello Kailinatsafe

Thanks for your reply.

I use FME ver 2018. 1 Here I can see the title in the "Select features types" window, but not do anything more.

Im very glad that you have reported it.

One extra thing though.. the service runs WFS version 1.0......

Cheers David

Hello @David Clement​, thanks for your patience on FMEENGINE-74728. This issue has been resolved in FME 2022.2 b22749+, you can find this build on our Downloads Page. I've confirmed the WFS Title is now retreievable, but let me know if you have any issues: imageHappy to help, Kailin

Badge

Hello Kailinatsafe

Fantastic!. Ill test later today, and get back to you.

Thanks a lot in advance 👍 🙏

/David

Badge

Hello Kailinatsafe

Yes. I can confirm that it works like a charm.

I can now take the titel and use as filename for the featureclass. Perfect.

Thanks for your help and quick answering time.

Best

David