Question

"Error running translation" but no other errors, the process stops on a JSONExtractor

• 14 September 2022
  • 2 replies

I'm getting the "Error running translation" when using a JSONExtractor. I checked my api call that is getting the JSON from Salesforce and the POST to get the token/Auth in Postman and they return the data/auth fine. I've attached a logger to the in between of API caller and the JSONExtractor and the data is there. Been staring at this for a few hours now, any help is appreciated.

JSONExtractor

Custom Transformer that the JSONExtractor is apart of

imageWhere the transformer is getting called in main

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

Hard to say what is happening without data and workspace but this is probably caused by a incorrect JSON Query or the JSON Document not having what you are asking for.

What I typically do is grab the output from the transformer upstream of the JSONExtractor, write the JSON output to a file, change the JSONExtractor setting from JSON Document to File/URL and point to the written file. Then use the "..." button in the JSON Query to select what you need. If this works, don't forget to switch the JSONExtracter back to JSON Document.

Also, you can change your workspace settings to continue the translation when a transformer outputs a Rejected Feature. You can do this in the Navigator pane, Workspace Parameters --> Translation --> Rejected Feature Handling.

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

If you add an output port linked to the rejected port of the JSONExtractor you should get some information about the rejection.