Question

Module 'acad/ACAD' is unavailable for use with this FME edition

• 12 September 2022
  • 2 replies

I have created a workflow in FME desktop on my mac and want to run this job on the FME server. As I am using mac, I am running the Docker build of the FME server. When executing the same job on the server I get this error message "Module 'acad/ACAD' is unavailable for use with this FME edition". Looking at similar issues I suspected that the module was not supported for Linux (Docker container), however this was not the case.

I have tried running different version of the FME server (22715 and 2263), this does not affect the result, still the same error message.

Any idea of what is causing the problem?

Could this problem be avoided if using Windows OS and the modules made for Windows?

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

What build of fme desktop are you using vs FME Server? You'll need to make sure they're the same.

Also are you using the ACAD reader or the RealDWG reader? I think the RealDWG reader is windows only but the ACAD one should work.​

I am using version 22623 (FME(R) 2022.1.1.0 (20220728 - Build 22623 - macosx)). And the module is ACAD not RealDWG, it is not available for me on mac