Question

Attribute change detection

• 9 September 2022
  • 5 replies
  • 1 view

Badge

We are wanting to check one feature service and one field in that service and whether it changed from "Sampled" to 3 other options. If it did change we want to send an email to let us know what the unique ids that did change. How would we use change detector to accomplish this task? We would like to schedule a task each night in FME server to send the email.

5 replies

Badge +2

@claire.inbody​ Do you need a ChangeDetector. Can you just use a TestFilter to test for the 3 other options or NOT 'Sampled'?

Badge

@Mark Stoakes​ good question. I guess I dont know for sure. If I can get an output of if an attribute changed from one "Sampled" to "No ACM" or "Positive" I would be good. But I need to know each day if something changed. But I need to ONLY show the changes from one day to the next. Ie. I dont want a list of all changes throughout the project just based on the "yesterday" to "today". How would it be best to accomplish this?

Userlevel 3
Badge +33

The ChangeDetector needs the current version of the data, and a previous version with which to compare.

So if you want to get the differences between the data of today and the data of yesterday, you would have to retain a copy of the data of yesterday.

One way may be to save a local copy of the relevant data of the feature service every night, and compare the feature service of today with the local copy of yesterday.

If you have control over the feature service, you may consider adding a field to each feature with the date of the most recent change of that feature, so you can filter on the date field having the value of yesterday.

Badge

@geomancer​  I believe we have what we are wanting. Yes the feature service has editing tracking enabled. So we are going to use the last edited date to find the changes. 2022-09-13 11_16_53-MULTI → AUTOMATIONS (Z__BridgeAsbestosInspections_BridgeAsbestos_PROD.fmw) - FMEwhereclause 

Userlevel 3
Badge +33

Hello @claire.inbody​ , good to hear you have found a solution!

Do you still need the ChangeDetector after you filter on the time stamp in the where-clause?