Solved

System email does not sent

• 9 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +4

Hi, I'm new to FME server and I configured an smtp account to send system emails however something wrong is happening as no emails are actually sent.

The configuration seems correct in Admin panel (configuration > system & email > email service) (correct info and validation test pass). However, the simple test of running a workspace with email notification on status does not work.

Checking the subscribers logs (resources/logs/core/current/subscribers/emails.log) gives quite odd information: "801031 : Invalid SMTP server."

I used the same SMTP configuration using an emailer transformer onto a workspace; everything works fine when running on the server.

So I'm a bit confused here about why it gives this error since all other stuff seems OK ...

(side note: I'm using infomaniak.com infrastructure for the mail server and they does not ask for 2nd auth or other protection for sending email from other apps)

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by hollyatsafe 10 September 2022, 01:02

View original

2 replies

Badge +2

Hi @nmatton​ ,

The System Email that you have configured is used when Reset Password is enabled and when notifications are enabled for System Events. 

However, to receive an email when the 'Email Results To' parameter is populated, the following FME Server email subscribers must be properly configured: DataDownload_Email_JobFailure, DataDownload_Email_JobSucess, JobSubmitter_Email_JobFailure, JobSubmitter_Email_JobSuccess (Documentation reference). I suspect this is why you have an 'Invalid SMTP server' error - because the SMTP hasn't been configured here. Please let me know if you continue to receive errors after setting those subscribers.

There is an existing enhancement request to update this experience since subscribers are legacy functionality (internal reference: FMESERVER-14294). I have linked this post to that ticket, so that if this process ever changes we can update this post.

Badge +4

Ho @hollyatsafe​ 

Thank you for your answer, that was indeed the problem !

I configured the subscribers and it works, thanks !