Question

Does anyone have some experience with using the straight line Diagram transformer.

• 9 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

I am trying to create a pdf file using the straight line diagram. I have a data file with the Road reseals as lines and I would like to be able to show the distance or length of the Reseal, the Year Applied, and stone size as a stacked straight line chart.

This will then show the overlaps as well. Many years ago we used to do the very same thing on paper, in a book, by hand so we could see the surfaces applied to the roads over time. I am currently reviewing or trying to, do some analysis and update what we had on paper into a modern approach.

I have watched the video of it being used here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tPhZMSrnYw at the end of the webinar but I am struggling to sort it out given it was a very short session at the end. I would like some more specifics or how to on setting it up, or even a sample workspace may be the one from the demo would be a good example to follow.

This is a great tool as it can be used for many other things like Pavement, Road Construction by year. Not to mention all the items demonstrated as well.

Thanks for any assistance you may be able to provide. 😀

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @rusty​,

I am attaching the demo workspace for you. It is set up to use source data from the City of Surrey's Open Data, which can be obtained from the following links:

The Graph_Bars output needs to be offset from the other outputs in order to display correctly. I thought most users would want to set their own vertical offset between the lines and the bars, so made it mandatory.

I am happy to answer any questions you may have about this transformer.

Badge

Thank you, that great, I am Looking at it now. and have some of it sorted. I need to do more work on my data as some of it is missing and just poor quality data. But I will keep working on it and see if I can improve the data.