Solved

Error: The workspace contains a linked custom transformer with an incompatable Python Compatibility

• 8 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I created a custom transformer which includes a PythonCaller to run a little script, worked fine while the transformer was embedded.

I exported the custom transformer and added it to another workspace as a linked transformer, and now get the error:

"The workspace is set to use `Python 3.9+', but the workspace contains a linked custom transformer with an incompatible Python Compatibility of `Python 2.7'. Please update the Python Compatibility of the workspace or the linked custom transformer"

Both the workspace and the custom transformer are set to Python3.9+FME_Python_ErrorIt works fine if I embed the transformer again. Any idea how I can resolve this?

icon

Best answer by aegman 9 September 2022, 18:45

View original

3 replies

Badge +20

This happens when you have multiple custom transformers with different Python compatibility settings.

Look around in your workspace and find the culprit.

Badge +1

This happens when you have multiple custom transformers with different Python compatibility settings.

Look around in your workspace and find the culprit.

I don't think that's the problem, it's a workspace built to test the custom transformer which only contains a reader and the custom transformer itself. There are no custom transformers within the custom transformer.

Badge +1

This issue only appears to affect linked custom transformers that are still on version 1. Making the tiniest change (e.g. moving an annotation) and saving as a new version resolves the issue.

Should also have said this is on FME 2022.1 Windows.