• 3 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Hello,

I try to read the attribute

"IFCPROPERTYSINGLEVALUE" with FME. Unfortunately this does not work,

in the "list builder" I can see the attribute "Identity

Data.Assembly Code" only it is empty.

While in the data with GlobalId

"0q2mDI5en2pRRKYDPxu88G" it does have an attribute.

How can I make this data visible within

a workbench so that it can be filtered.

I added the .ifc as a text file, there

is already some described on the forum of how to read the

"IFCPROPERTYSINGLEVALUE" only I didnt get it working.

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +15

Hi @bertdrenth​ could you share a screen capture or file of your workspace? And also what version of FME you are using?

To expose list values that appear in the Feature Information Window, my initial thought would be to use the AttributeExposer. If this does not work, please share more information and perhaps some photos as well

Userlevel 1
Badge +15

Hi @bertdrenth​ could you share a screen capture or file of your workspace? And also what version of FME you are using?

To expose list values that appear in the Feature Information Window, my initial thought would be to use the AttributeExposer. If this does not work, please share more information and perhaps some photos as well

To expand on the previous answer, to extract the attribute you are seeking you will want to add a GeometryPropertyExtractor to the IfcWall feature type, with Prefix Extracted Trait with Geometry Name set to ‘Yes’. This should extract the Identity Data.Assembly Code into attributes that you can then expose in the AttributeExposer. We recommend using the 'Import with feature caches' option to grab all the property set info into attributes

All the best, Evie