Question

Has the Tools repository been hidden?

• 1 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

I've only just now noticed that the Tools repository appears to be hidden. I can still use Filter Message and Log Message actions in Automations (although I do get a warning when opening an older Automation). Can anybody confirm this?

2 replies

Badge +2

Hi @Hans van der Maarel​ ,

Yes, as of FME Server 2022.0 we no longer ship the Tools repository.

The reason for this is that the Tools repository contains workspaces that were used to perform Filter or Log operations in Automations, but since 2020.0 we have had dedicated Filter and Log actions that no longer use these workspaces/engine and instead run in a dedicated action. I would recommend you update any Automations previously using these workspaces to use the dedicated actions, to avoid occupying an Engine for this process to run.

That being said, if you performed a restore to 2022.0 from an older version of FME Server, this restore should contain the Tools repository and so no Automations created in earlier versions should be impacted by this change.

If you carried an Automation over as part of a Project, you'd need to include the Tools Repository as part of this project.

If you performed a restore, I'd be interested in reviewing the restore log file to see what happened to the Tools repository.

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

I've just checked the restore log, from 2021.x to 2022.1.1 and I can't find a reference to the Tools repository at all in there.