Solved

FME Server backup migration/restore failed

• 1 September 2022
  • 5 replies

fme_server_migrate_failedHi, I am migrating my fme server installation to a new server, but I encountered error during the restoration process in the new fme server environment. The backup is from FME Server 2021, and I am restoring the backup in FME Server 2022. I have captured the error message and attached in this post. I would like to ask for some guidance here and hope to hear from the others who faced the same problem before.. Thanks.

icon

Best answer by hollyatsafe 2 September 2022, 22:45

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4

Seems like the shared resource FME_SHAREDRESOURCE_SYSTEM doesn't exist on your FME Server 2022, which is unexpected. 

Perhaps try manually creating it, see https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Server_Documentation/WebUI/Manage_Resource_Connections.htm

Tip: You can use a UNC path to point to a local drive, e.g.

\\localhost\c$\my_directory

Equals

C:\my_directory

Seems like the shared resource FME_SHAREDRESOURCE_SYSTEM doesn't exist on your FME Server 2022, which is unexpected. 

Perhaps try manually creating it, see https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Server_Documentation/WebUI/Manage_Resource_Connections.htm

Tip: You can use a UNC path to point to a local drive, e.g.

\\localhost\c$\my_directory

Equals

C:\my_directory

Hi, I have tried creating manually the resource connections but I am still having the same error.. I am creating the folders according to those existed in my old installation, I had to use \\localhost\c$\ProgramData\Safe Software\FME Server\resources\system as path because I cannot create the folder when using $(FME_SHAREDRESOURCE_SYSTEM) as path.. could it be that my FME Server did not installed correctly? Thanks

Userlevel 4

Hi, I have tried creating manually the resource connections but I am still having the same error.. I am creating the folders according to those existed in my old installation, I had to use \\\\localhost\\c$\\ProgramData\\Safe Software\\FME Server\\resources\\system as path because I cannot create the folder when using $(FME_SHAREDRESOURCE_SYSTEM) as path.. could it be that my FME Server did not installed correctly? Thanks

It's difficult to tell... But the screenshot above is as expected. Perhaps take a look under Backup & Restore / History and see if there are any logs with more detailed info about the issue.

Hi, I have tried creating manually the resource connections but I am still having the same error.. I am creating the folders according to those existed in my old installation, I had to use \\\\localhost\\c$\\ProgramData\\Safe Software\\FME Server\\resources\\system as path because I cannot create the folder when using $(FME_SHAREDRESOURCE_SYSTEM) as path.. could it be that my FME Server did not installed correctly? Thanks

Seems like the log didn't exists.. by default there is no folder in my resource page.. the folders shown in the screenshot from my previous reply were created manually afterward.

error log not found

Badge +2

Hi @dyn5203​ ,

Something is definitely not quite right here. From the screenshot of the Resources page it looks like you've added all the folders as network resources... am I correct in saying that when you first navigated to that page there were no folders listed?

Did you also check your FME Server System Share directly through a File Browser - were any of the folders present?

If not it sounds like your installation did not complete successfully because those folders should be available by default.

I think I would suggest uninstalling FME Server and starting again. When you install FME Server make sure that the account you choose to run the installer has full control over the file path you set for the System Share. If you are still experiencing issues after a re-install please submit a case so that a member of our support team can help you further.