Question

Trouble with ChartGenerator (Colour and Labels)

• 31 August 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

I'm working with the ChartGenerator Transformer to create a bar chart and have two questions:

1) How can I change the bar colour so each bar is a different color? I did find a post to change the RGB to (0-1,0-1,0-1), but my entry is still pink, so I can't use that.

image2) How can I add a label showing the number of items at the top of each bar? The PowerPiontStyler has an option for "Label Data", but I don't see one within the ChartGenerator. Currently, my table is shown like this:

imageThanks in advance!

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hello @stefan_kutac​, thanks for posting!

How can I change the bar colour so each bar is a different color? 

If we take a look at the ChartGenerator documentation, and navigate to Colour parameter under Bar section, we see that color values need to be written like "0,0,1". For example, if I wanted my bars to be red I would enter: 1,0,0

For styling individual bars with unique colours, we can assign unique colour values per feature to the fme_color attribute, and assign this attribute in our ChartGenerator for Color like this:

This will output a bar chart with different coloured bars.

How can I add a label showing the number of items at the top of each bar?

There is actually a parameter section for this in the ChartGenerator! If you open the ChartGenerator parameters > Axes > you should see X / Y Axis Label fields, which sets the label along the X/Y axis.

Let me know if you get stuck somewhere, happy to help! Kailin.