Solved

What transformer is to use to convert from LL-GDA94 to MGA94 (i.e. Lat/Long to Projected coordinate system)?

• 31 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi altruist, I have a set of data MITAB data in LL-GDA94. Which transformer should I use if I want to transform it into GDA94?

icon

Best answer by redgeographics 31 August 2022, 11:20

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

The Reprojector (and presumably the EsriReprojector and Proj4Reprojector as well but I haven't tried those)

The Reprojector (and presumably the EsriReprojector and Proj4Reprojector as well but I haven't tried those)

Thank you @Hans van der Maarel​ 

Hi @Hans van der Maarel​ do you know why I am getting this message when using reprojector on TAB file and writing to TAB as well? I have source CRS: LL-GDA94 and destination MGA2020? Even I changed the destination CRS to LL-GDA2020, still same warning message

No projection bounds specified for output file 'xxyy.tab'. MBR of dataset will be used as bounds. Note that custom projection bounds can be specified as writer directives or in file 'exceptions/mapinfo.db' or 'MapInfoBounds.db' in the FME Reproject folder

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Hi @Hans van der Maarel​ do you know why I am getting this message when using reprojector on TAB file and writing to TAB as well? I have source CRS: LL-GDA94 and destination MGA2020? Even I changed the destination CRS to LL-GDA2020, still same warning message

No projection bounds specified for output file 'xxyy.tab'. MBR of dataset will be used as bounds. Note that custom projection bounds can be specified as writer directives or in file 'exceptions/mapinfo.db' or 'MapInfoBounds.db' in the FME Reproject folder

That's not really a warning, more like information. It shouldn't terminate the translation and as long as your data is in the area where that projection is appropriate it shouldn't be a problem.