Question

fme can't find the destination folder due to user parameters.

• 30 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hello all,

I'm new to fme and I'm trying to build a fairly easy model I think.

I have a list of PDF files in a folder in Windows Explorer. I want to change the name of these files and then write them to another folder. I want to automate this and it all still works.

The only problem is that I want to add user parameters so that every time I want to overwrite PDF files to another folder with a drop down menu it can be indicated to which specific folder the PDF files should be written.

Everything works until I add these parameters. Then fme doesn't seem to be able to find the target folder anymore.

Does anyone have any idea how this could happen?

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hello @bascopier​, would you be able to share more information on how your user parameter and workspace is configured? In the meantime, I might recommend working through one of these User Parameter Tutorials! In the 'Using the Parameter Manager Demo' section, there are instructions for creating Output Folder parameters, as well as an accompanying workspace you can reference. Let me know if you have a more specific question about setting up user parameters. Best, Kailin Opaleychuk.

Badge

forum fme 2This is the workspace including the user parameters and the error message. I hope this makes it more clear to you.