Question

Server Login page doesnt popup to enter credential

Hi,

I have installed FME server, but after installing everything successfully I cannot see the fields for login in the web page.

I have checked my firewall , couldn't find any blocker from there. I dont have any additional antivirus installed in my machine. Please suggest how to resolve this issue.

16 replies

Userlevel 4

Make sure you're using a supported (i.e. relatively modern) browser with javascript enabled.

Note that IE 11 isn't officially supported starting version 2022.1 of FME Server, see https://community.safe.com/s/article/Internet-Explorer-11-IE11-no-longer-supported-by-FME-Server

If that still doesn't work, look into the browser developer tools and see if there are any error messages, in particular under the Console and Network tabs. If not, check in the server logs.

Make sure you're using a supported (i.e. relatively modern) browser with javascript enabled.

Note that IE 11 isn't officially supported starting version 2022.1 of FME Server, see https://community.safe.com/s/article/Internet-Explorer-11-IE11-no-longer-supported-by-FME-Server

If that still doesn't work, look into the browser developer tools and see if there are any error messages, in particular under the Console and Network tabs. If not, check in the server logs.

Hi David,

Thanks for your response. Earlier it was at-least opening with some page without the loggin prompt, but from today I can see the page is not responsive at all though all the FME services are running.

Badge +1

If the page isn't loading anything, check to see if the Windows Services are running on the server. It sounds like one of the services has stopped.

Once loaded, if you're not getting the username/password prompt, but the rest of the FME screen is loading, this is typically due a Database configuration error. The user that's setup to access the (new) database, has that user been given permissions? Was it the same user/pass that was setup in the installation?

Check the SQL Server logs to see if there are any authentication errors coming through?

Are you running it on a Named Instance or the Default Instance? If it's a named instance, did you check the checkbox on the installation to specify that name, or did you type in server\\instance? (the \\ aren't liked all that well as they're typically an escape character)

If the page isn't loading anything, check to see if the Windows Services are running on the server. It sounds like one of the services has stopped.

Once loaded, if you're not getting the username/password prompt, but the rest of the FME screen is loading, this is typically due a Database configuration error. The user that's setup to access the (new) database, has that user been given permissions? Was it the same user/pass that was setup in the installation?

Check the SQL Server logs to see if there are any authentication errors coming through?

Are you running it on a Named Instance or the Default Instance? If it's a named instance, did you check the checkbox on the installation to specify that name, or did you type in server\\instance? (the \\ aren't liked all that well as they're typically an escape character)

Thanks Cory for guiding me. Now I am getting this error.

Could you please help me?

Userlevel 4

Are all your FME Server services running? Does your browser have javascript enabled? Perhaps even try rebooting the machine running FME Server. Also look in the FME Server log files for any issues.

Are all your FME Server services running? Does your browser have javascript enabled? Perhaps even try rebooting the machine running FME Server. Also look in the FME Server log files for any issues.

Hi I can see all FME services are running and also my browser is jsp enabled.

imageCould you please let me know how to check the server log?

Userlevel 4

Look in the FME Server shared resources folder, under \\resources\\logs\\...etc

This is a good starting point for more information about the server log files: https://community.safe.com/s/article/fme-server-troubleshooting-log-files

I David,

I can even not getting a prompt to login in FME server, so I cannot traverse to the path. I am sharing you the installation logs if it helps.

Badge +1

@madhusree​ When you installed the FME Server, what type of Database did you select? Did you select the PostgreSQL built in database or did you opt for an external database like MS SQL?

As I mentioned earlier, I typically see this error when the application is unable to connect to the database. If you've configured a database external to the PostgreSQL database, can you ask your DBA to see if there are any failed authentication attempts to that SQL Database and see if the FME SQL user account has permissions?

@madhusree​ When you installed the FME Server, what type of Database did you select? Did you select the PostgreSQL built in database or did you opt for an external database like MS SQL?

As I mentioned earlier, I typically see this error when the application is unable to connect to the database. If you've configured a database external to the PostgreSQL database, can you ask your DBA to see if there are any failed authentication attempts to that SQL Database and see if the FME SQL user account has permissions?

@cory​ 

I think its postgres only, because by default it was taking to that screen, and during installation I have-not customized anything.

Userlevel 4

You do not need to go through the web UI to access the logs, the log files are accessible directly on your file system, e.g. through Explorer. Look into the shared resources folder that you specified during installation.

Badge +1

Hi @madhusree​ are you or someone from your IT Team able to answer the questions from my previous post? Can you also please confirm you have access to the server, where FME is installed?

Hi Cory, I have installed in to my local machine with all the default options by choosing the Express option. image

Badge +1

Hi @madhusree​ have you checked Windows Services to make sure that the PostgreSQL service is running?

I can't remember if Express asks you for a FME Server directory, as it's not shared, but you should be able to find a folder structure like:

\\resources\\logs\\core\\current

In that folder you should have several files such as: [HOSTNAME]_fmeserver.txt

Take a look through those files and see if you can find any errors?

Worst case, if it's only on your local machine, maybe also try an Uninstall / Reinstall? Then screenshot each step and post them here if you have the same error, so we can see what might be causing the issue if the log files don't highlight anything?

Hi @cory​ 

In the Express option, It automatically choose the Installation path in C drive.

There is no such directory you mentioned. Instead, I have like below:

image.pngThe FME server database engine is also running. Can you tell me what is the name for postgres service?

I have tried uninstallation and installation for 6-7 times but no luck.

Badge +1

hi @madhusree​ what other folders do you have at this level:

C:\\Program Files (x86)\\FMEServer\\resources\\logs\\