Solved

Custom Coordinate System not imported

• 25 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +7

Hi,

I need to work with a file that uses EPSG:5682 as CRS but unfortunately it's not available in the CS Gallery. I tried to add it as a custom CS, as described in the online documentation but it's still not showing up. This was my workflow:

1. I went to the online tool and pasted the ESRI WKT for EPSG 5682
  2. I entered the missing parameters (that weren't already populated from the WKT)
  3. I unzipped the files provided by the tool and copied them to ..username\\Documents\\FME (see attachment)

After restarting FME, the custom CS is still not available in the gallery. Did I miss something? Thank you for your help!

icon

Best answer by dustin 25 August 2022, 13:58

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +26

Custom coordinate systems need to be added to MyCoordSysDefs.fme located in C:\\Program Files\\FME\\Reproject (or wherever FME is installed). In this file, you will need to copy your coordinate info below the "Example end here" at the end of the file. After a reboot, it should show up in your gallery.

Badge +7

Thanks, now I can see the custom CS in the gallery. However, neither ellipsoid nor datum info is present. I tried exporting the custom CRS from the online tool again, to double check if I set the ellipsoid correctly but although I had it set to BESSEL, it was not added to the config file. I tried to add the EL_NAME parameter manually and to setup a custom datum but I never got a correct CRS setup.

Badge +7

As a side note: I realized that you can use EPSG codes, proj or WKT strings to manually set a CRS inside the ProjReprojector. This allows reprojections of CRSs that aren't available in the gallery.