Question

Reprojected data in MSSQL is not shown up in QGIS

• 25 August 2022
  • 2 replies

I have dynamically reprojected tables from MSSQL database and then written into another MSSQL database) with same table schema. I can see the new tables exist in the SQL server. Also When I am checking the tables on FME workspace by using CoordinateSystemExtractor, I can see the tables are reprojected. But the data is not displayed on QGIS, though attribute table can be seen. Also in QGIS layer property option, the CRS system is still showing the old one. Can anyone kindly tell me what could be the likely reason/s?

2 replies

Badge +1

Hi @smfks911​ 

When you've added the data into QGIS, are you able to style the data?

Are you able to go into the Attribute Table and Zoom to Feature (perhaps with the OSM basemap turned on?)

In the properties of the layer, does it list the coordinate system?

What happens if you update the coordinate system on the Layer to specify the coordinate system you're looking at?

Which version of QGIS are you running?

Out of curiosity, which coordinate system are you reprojecting to? I know that with GDA 2020 MGA Zone 50, QGIS doesn't always play that nice!

Hi @smfks911​ 

When you've added the data into QGIS, are you able to style the data?

Are you able to go into the Attribute Table and Zoom to Feature (perhaps with the OSM basemap turned on?)

In the properties of the layer, does it list the coordinate system?

What happens if you update the coordinate system on the Layer to specify the coordinate system you're looking at?

Which version of QGIS are you running?

Out of curiosity, which coordinate system are you reprojecting to? I know that with GDA 2020 MGA Zone 50, QGIS doesn't always play that nice!

Hi @cory​, I have resolved the case now. However, before resolving the table was getting displayed with missing CRS information. So the data is displaying correctly but metadata was not there. And yes I converted from MGA-94(56) to MGA-2020(56). My QGIS is 3.22.3.