Question

Automation issue - no jobs being triggered

• 24 August 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi all,

We upgraded from FME Server 2021.1.5 to 2022.1.1 a little while ago and since then our automations no longer seem to be triggering jobs. Each of the automation logs shows a scheduled trigger event at the correct time, but no jobs are getting queued. Manually triggering an automation also does nothing, apart from showing a green 'Automation triggered' message in the web interface and adding a successful event to the automation log.

Everything else about the server seems fine. Schedules run at the time they're meant to and queue jobs up properly, and I'm able to run all of the workspaces that should be automated with no issues at all. All of the server logs I can find show no obvious errors and fmeserver.log shows no hint of any of the jobs being run due to automations.

I've tried uploading a completely fresh workspace to the server and setting up a new automation. The logs show the automation being assembled and actions being linked, etc. but this is subject to the same problem and doesn't work, so I'm a little stuck.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour and do you have any advice for finding the cause?

1 reply

Badge +2

Hi @ti_m​ ,

This is a very curious issue, I've spoken with my team and it's not anything we've come across before so it will likely require more in-depth troubleshooting efforts than we can offer via the Community. Please can you submit a case here and include the following information:

• Details on your FME Server deployment architecture e.g. express, distributed database/webapp/engines, fault-tolerant, Docker etc
  • Does this problem occur when you create a Schedule from the Schedules page as well, or only from within an Automation?
  • Please zip up and share all the log files.

Once we find a solution we can update this post with the answer in case any other users encounter it in future as well.