Question

FME 2022.1.0 - Points + Attribute: Radius add a Bufferer INVALID_PARAMETER_BUFFER_AMOUNT Error

• 24 August 2022
  • 8 replies

Badge +6

I use FME 2022.1.0 - if i use a Shape-File with x Points + Attribute: Radius then add an Bufferer Transformer + the right settings for Circles.

I get an INVALID_PARAMETER_BUFFER_AMOUNT Error

In 2021.2 FME 32bit it is working flawless.

Is this fixed in FME 2022.1.1 ? Greez Michael

8 replies

Badge +2

@featuremichael​ can you attach a small example that illustrates the problem?

Badge +6

@featuremichael​ can you attach a small example that illustrates the problem?

Hello Mark,

I suspect the shape file has something in it which causes the error in FME 2022.1 x64 - FME 2021.2.5 x32 is apparently not so accurate when it comes to shape files ;-))

When I generate a new Shape-File from the Shape-File, I don't get this error anymore. I also tried to use the mapping_log.ffs file as data base for my problem but the error was not regenerated.

So - there is no problem anymore.

Sorry for my wrong assumption.

Greez Michael

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

The bufferer works with your data .ffs. Can you share testdata (Shape) and your workbench?

Badge +6

The bufferer works with your data .ffs. Can you share testdata (Shape) and your workbench?

sry but i can not upload the original Shape-File. :-/

"When I generate a new Shape-File from the Shape-File, I don't get this error anymore. I also tried to use the mapping_log.ffs file as data base for my problem but the error was not regenerated.

So - there is no problem anymore."

Badge +11

Hi guys,

I've encountered the same problem with the bufferer. It appeared after upgrading from 2022.0.0 to 2022.1.0 and/or 2022.1.2. To reproduce this error I've added on one of Safes demo workspaces that's been used for FME Desktop Basic training (maybe it's still in use somewhere in the Academy examples?).

Really curious about this issue is, that I managed to overcome the rejected event by copying the whole workspace (Feature Types, Connections and Transformer, Ctrl+C) into an new empty workspace. Just saving the old unter the most recent FME version had no effect.

Hope this helps to track down this bug. (It's been quite nasty to run into this during a live demo :-) )

Badge +2

Hi guys,

I've encountered the same problem with the bufferer. It appeared after upgrading from 2022.0.0 to 2022.1.0 and/or 2022.1.2. To reproduce this error I've added on one of Safes demo workspaces that's been used for FME Desktop Basic training (maybe it's still in use somewhere in the Academy examples?).

Really curious about this issue is, that I managed to overcome the rejected event by copying the whole workspace (Feature Types, Connections and Transformer, Ctrl+C) into an new empty workspace. Just saving the old unter the most recent FME version had no effect.

Hope this helps to track down this bug. (It's been quite nasty to run into this during a live demo :-) )

@whkarto​ thanks for including the example. I've reproduced the issue. We'll try and get it addressed.

Badge +2

@whkarto​ @featuremichael​ we've identified the cause of the Bufferer issue you reported and it should be fixed in FME 2022.2 due for release towards the end of Oct 2022 (or available in beta build 22749 or higher).

Workaround for now is to add a Decelerator with Delay = 0 . This will split the Feature Tables that are causing the issue.

Badge +11

@whkarto​ @featuremichael​ we've identified the cause of the Bufferer issue you reported and it should be fixed in FME 2022.2 due for release towards the end of Oct 2022 (or available in beta build 22749 or higher).

Workaround for now is to add a Decelerator with Delay = 0 . This will split the Feature Tables that are causing the issue.

@Mark Stoakes​ that's great news! Thanks for the update and looking foward to the release!