Solved

Transformed data in MSSQL is not shown up in QGIS (urgent help please)

• 24 August 2022
  • 2 replies

I have dynamically transformed CRS system of the tables (MGA94-56) from MSSQL database and then written into another MSSQL database (MGA2020-56) with same table schema. I can see the new tables exist in the SQL server. Also When I am checking the tables on FME workspace by using CoordinateSystemExtractor, I can see the tables are transformed. But the data is not displayed on QGIS, though attribute table can be seen. Also in QGIS property option, the CRS system is still showing the old one. Can anyone kindly tell me what could be the likely reason/s?

icon

Best answer by smfks911 1 September 2022, 01:14

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hello @smfks911​, thanks for posting! I double checked the CS's of interest in FME Workbench, the ESPG website, and QGIS. Everything seems to be consistent between the applications. May I ask what transformer you're using to do the reprojection? and would you be able to show transformer parameters via screenshots?

It looks like QGIS uses proj library, so it may be best to use the PROJReprojector to do the transformation. MGA94-56 is EPSG:28356, and MGA2020-56 is EPSG:7856. Feel free to re-explain if I misunderstood something or if you're still experiencing issues! Best, Kailin

Hello @smfks911​, thanks for posting! I double checked the CS's of interest in FME Workbench, the ESPG website, and QGIS. Everything seems to be consistent between the applications. May I ask what transformer you're using to do the reprojection? and would you be able to show transformer parameters via screenshots?

It looks like QGIS uses proj library, so it may be best to use the PROJReprojector to do the transformation. MGA94-56 is EPSG:28356, and MGA2020-56 is EPSG:7856. Feel free to re-explain if I misunderstood something or if you're still experiencing issues! Best, Kailin

Hi @kailinatsafe​ thanks for your reply. I did use CSmapreprojector. But the display issue got resolved later when I put the source coordinate system at the reader (which I left read from source) initially. Then new issue I found in QGIS that the CRS info is missing, although reprojected data is being displayed. I resolved this issue with the help from QGIS user group by a backward method. As the tables were missing 'Sptial_ref_sys' table in MSSQL, I just dragged a GDA2020 data from layer panel to the MSSQL schema within QGIS. It automatically updated the CRS info of all tables within that schema. I do not know much how to do this process in SQL. So used this method.