Question

How to close open volumes after a clipping transformation in Workbench 2022?

• 23 August 2022
  • 3 replies

I used Workbench 2022 to clip buildings (composite surfaces) onto an area with the clipper transformer. The buildings at the clipper boundary however are open geometries (refer to screenshot). How can I insert closure surfaces to each boundary building to create closed volumes?

open building geometriesI tried to coerce the composite surfaces to a solid and coerce them back to surfaces after the clipping, but the method is not reliable, because most of the solids become faulty. Is there another solution?

Best regards

Alex

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

Hi @mralex007​,

Have you already given the SolidBuilder a try? That should create valid solids, and if you need to convert it back to a surface, I'd try the GeometryCoercer afterwards.

Hi @jovitaatsafe​,

thanks for the idea. However the SolidBuilder does not work in my case, because the buildings are stored in only a single aggregate feature. I didn't find a way to deaggregate the geometry grouped by each building, because the feature doesn't have any attributes stored...

Badge +4

Hi @jovitaatsafe​,

thanks for the idea. However the SolidBuilder does not work in my case, because the buildings are stored in only a single aggregate feature. I didn't find a way to deaggregate the geometry grouped by each building, because the feature doesn't have any attributes stored...

@mralex007​ Did you solve this question? I am running into the same problem.