Question

Survey123 attributes to Email body in FME Server

• 15 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Heya, looking for concept assistance (or more).

We want to use attributes submitted in a Survey123 in an email body.

My understanding is that this is a nested array in the json payload and must be parsed in a workspace.

Can someone help with what this would look like in the workspace... what is the reader and how does it connect to the webhook payload? Also, what is the writer and how is it put into the email body.

Just wanted to get more clarity on this before I get further into it.

Thanks.

3 replies

Badge +10

Hi @oville​ ,

This tutorial has steps and a sample workspace that parses JSON from a Survey123.

If you want to expand that this series has a number of tutorials on processing email content and sending out an email response.

Thanks that helps some.

We are definitely using the first link to get most of the way there... but I couldnt find more info on what (I think) I want and see in the image below.

MicrosoftTeams-image (22) 

Can you help me with this specific part... what is the config of (1) so that it appears under the workspace in server? what is the writer setup, and even the terminology of this feature?

Badge +10

Hi @overlord​ ,

It sounds like you might be wanting to send the output in an email. If you want to do that you can follow the automation sending email example. If your looking for examples the first tutorial has the workspaces and a package including the automation that you can import and use as a template. Beyond that, we have free training, which has a section on automation. Hopefully, those resources should help, but if you are stuck feel free to make a case and we can help get you up and running with FME Server.